If you’re a fan of cannabis, weed names for dogs might be right up your alley. They can offer a unique moniker perfectly suited to your interests and your dog’s personality. Scroll through the list to determine if there are any names that spark your interest.
Weed Names for Dogs
To start, we’ll explore a list of names that even those new to the topic might recognize. This initial overview is designed to familiarize you with some common options. Take your time to peruse these names and pick out one or two that stand out to you. This selection process is just the beginning, as we’ll delve into more detailed and diverse options in the following section. So, before moving forward, ensure you’ve selected a couple of favorites from this introductory list to compare and contrast
- Haze: Great for a dog with a dreamy, gentle demeanor, like an Afghan Hound.
- Herb: Another common name for cannabis.
- Indica: Ideal for a calm, laid-back dog, perhaps a Basset Hound.
- Kief: A collection of trichomes (the tiny, crystal-like structures that cover the leaves and buds of the cannabis plant) that fall off the bud, often used to increase potency.
- Sativa: Perfect for an energetic, lively dog, like a Border Collie.
- Topical: Cannabis-infused products applied to the skin, such as creams or balms, are used for therapeutic benefits without psychoactive effects.
Weed Strain Names for Dogs
Weed strain names can be a good source when you’re looking for a unique dog name. There are so many different cannabis strains that you’ll have a pile of choices to sort through. Do any of these catch your attention?
- Amnesia: Amnesia Haze is a Cannabis sativa strain known for its uplifting, energetic effects and fresh, fruity flavors.
- Bruce Banner: Named after the alter-ego of the Hulk, this powerful hybrid strain offers a euphoric high and powerful relaxation.
- Bubba: Bubba Kush is a heavy indica strain that is perfect for relaxation and sleep, with a sweet, earthy flavor profile.
- Blue Dream: A sativa-dominant hybrid known for its soothing yet euphoric effects, offering full-body relaxation.
- Durban: Durban Poison is a pure sativa known for its energizing and uplifting effects, making it ideal for productive afternoons and creative escapes.
- Chemdawg: A hybrid strain known for its distinct, diesel-like aroma and potent effects that are cerebral and thought-provoking.
- Gorilla: Gorilla Glue is a potent hybrid strain that delivers heavy-handed euphoria and relaxation, often used to treat pain and insomnia.
- Granddaddy Purple: A famous indica known for its relaxing effects and grape and berry aroma, ideal for combating stress and insomnia.
- Jack: Jack Herer is a sativa-dominant cannabis strain known for its uplifting and creative effects, often used for stress and depression.
- Kush: OG Kush is a classic hybrid with a unique terpene profile that boasts a complex aroma with notes of fuel, skunk, and spice.
- Skywalker: Skywalker OG is a potent indica-dominant hybrid that may just take you to a galaxy far, far away with its powerful full-body effects.
- Sour Diesel: A fast-acting sativa with energizing and dreamy cerebral effects, known for its pungent diesel-like aroma.
- Trainwreck: A mind-bending hybrid known for its potent effects that hit like a freight train.
- Widow: White Widow is a balanced hybrid famous for its resin production and a powerful burst of euphoria and energy.
Weed Names for Female Dogs
If you’re looking for a name specifically for girl pups, we’ve got your back. There’s a wide mix of names in the list below. Check them out, and let us know if you find any favorites to add to your list.
- Cheeba: Suitable for a playful, happy dog, maybe a Cocker Spaniel.
- Doobie(Dooba): Perfect for a dog that’s always up for fun, like a Boxer.
- Ganja: Fits a laid-back, mellow dog, like a Shih Tzu.
- Harlequin: A sativa-dominant strain known for its reliable expression of CBD, offering relaxing effects without sedation.
- Mary Jane: Another word for cannabis/marijuana- perfect for a classic, friendly dog, such as a Golden Retriever.
- Reefer: Great for a playful, mischievous dog, like a Jack Russell Terrier.
Weed-Related Names for Dogs
These names are a mix of a little bit of everything. If you can think of anything else, we’d love to hear from you in the comments below!
- Blaze: Great for a dog with a fiery spirit, perhaps a Dalmatian.
- Bud: Ideal for a friendly, amiable dog, like a Labrador Retriever.
- Chronic: Perfect for a dog with a strong, enduring personality, like a Mastiff.
- Dank: Ideal for a dog with a solid, impressive presence.
- Grinder: A tool used to break down marijuana buds into smaller, evenly ground pieces for easier consumption.
- Hybrid: Perfect for a mixed-breed dog with a balanced temperament.
- Skunk: Suited for a dog with a distinctive, strong presence, maybe a Boxer.
- Tincture: A cannabis-infused liquid that can be consumed orally or added to food and drinks.
- Ziggy: Inspired by cannabis advocate, Bob Marley.
Fun Weed Names for Dogs Based on Pop Culture
There’s a whole bunch of hippie movies out there that are perfect for digging up some groovy weed-themed names. These films are all about the hippie vibe, from their cool characters to their catchy lines, and they’re just waiting to sprinkle a little fun on your naming adventure. Whether you’re naming a pet, a special project, or anything else, these movies from the flower power era are like a secret garden of ideas. So, if you’re on the hunt for a name that’s as chill and funky as a 1960s peace rally, these films are your go-to treasure map!
- Cheech Marin’s character Pedro De Pacas in Up in Smoke: The other half of Cheech & Chong, equally famous for his portrayal of the marijuana-loving hippie.
- Frank Gallagher from Shameless: Known for his substance use and unconventional parenting style, including marijuana use.
- George Hanson (played by Jack Nicholson) in Easy Rider: A lawyer who becomes involved with two bikers representing the hippie lifestyle.
- Harold & Kumar from Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle: Known for their adventures revolving around their love for cannabis.
- Jay and Silent Bob from the Jay and Silent Bob film series: A duo known for their humorous antics and frequent marijuana use.
- Jeffrey “The Dude” Lebowski from The Big Lebowski: The ultimate laid-back hippie character, known for his love of bowling and his casual approach to life.
- Jesse and Chester from Dude, Where’s My Car?: The pair’s stoner antics lead to a series of comedic misadventures.
- Nancy Botwin from Weeds: A suburban mother turned marijuana dealer, she presents a different take on the cannabis theme.
- Ricky, Julian, and Bubbles from Trailer Park Boys: While not strictly hippies, their lifestyle and antics are heavily influenced by marijuana use.
- Saul Silver from Pineapple Express: A laid-back, affable marijuana dealer with a heart of gold.
- Shaggy Rogers from Scooby-Doo: Although not explicitly stated, Shaggy is often portrayed with characteristics commonly associated with cannabis culture.
- Tommy Chong’s character Anthony “Man” Stoner in Up in Smoke is part of the famous Cheech & Chong duo, known for their stoner comedy and hippie lifestyle.
- Wooderson (played by Matthew McConaughey) in Dazed and Confused: His famous line “Alright, alright, alright” became synonymous with his laid-back, cannabis-friendly character.
Choosing From the List of Weed Names for Dogs
Naming your dog is a big deal, and whichever name you choose should be what you stick with for the rest of your dog’s life. Jot down your favorites to shorten the list. Then, go through each one individually to see what you think. You can even yell them out loud so you’re able to hear what you’d sound like calling your precious pup.